Friday 1 February 2019

Goals for February

I have quite a lot of things I'd like to achieve this month so I'm going to list all of them then prioritise a couple for my monthly goal.  But first...

In the last couple of days when all my January goals were finished I made a shirt and a scarf.

I'd had the fabric for the shirt since Fall but hadn't got around to it.  I used McCall's M7331 by Nancy Zieman, I've already made the pull on pencil skirt from this pattern and both the skirt and the top came together with minimal faffing about, in fact I can't believe it took me so long and I'll more than likely use the pattern again.

The scarf is for Rose, inspired by an idea in Lotta Jansdotter's book "Everyday Style" and made with leftover fabric from the cosmetics purses I made as favours for her party last October.  It's a little stiff but wearing it and a trip through the washing machine will probably see to that.

So here is what I would like to achieve this month (not all of it is sewing)

  • Clear out and organise the pantry
  • Put the basement back together after the renovations
  • Make something that I can put in my Etsy shop
  • Choose fabric to set the Wonky Wheels blocks
  • Figure out a layout for Wonky Wheels blocks
  • Make myself a jacket
  • Dye some old bath towels, cut them up, bind them and re-purpose them as hand towels for the kitchen
I don't think all this will be fitted around daily life so I will choose 2 as my February goals, then at least I'll get something done and anything else is a bonus.

So without further ado, my February goals of the month are ...
  1. Choose the fabric and figure out a layout for Wonky Wheels, thus getting one step further down the path of UFO busting
  2. Make myself a jacket

Now I'm linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal February Link-up and going to and see what everybody else is up to.

Happy sewing,
Kirstin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete