Tuesday 19 February 2019

New Fabric

Yesterday I made another muslin for a jacket and I think (crossing fingers and toes and all) that although I am not totally in love with the result it is good enough and I will go ahead and make it up.  So today I went shopping.

It feels like a hundred years since I went anywhere other than the grocery store or the pharmacy so I treated myself to a trip to Spool and Spindle in Waterloo.  You can find this fabulous little fabric store online here but as I live close by I popped in for a browse.  It is so worth it to feel all the lovely natural fibre fabrics.

I was very restrained with my purchasing and this is what I bought.

Some interesting knit/soft shell for my jacket (the zipper is from Lens' Mills).


 It's not a great photo I know but on the right is the right side of the fabric and on the left is the inside.  It's quite thick with a very small amount of stretch and it should be wind proof which might be nice.  Also it shouldn't fray so I can probably get away with leaving the seam edges raw inside which is a total bonus.

I also bought this lovely rayon to make myself a little top for summer.  A short sleeved, accent top for my capsule wardrobe I think.


Rose tells me that I have nothing to go with it and it's really not my style but you know what?  I don't care.  I shall make my top and make it 'my style' and she will be jealous that I have a flamingo top and she doesn't.  So there, who's the 10 year old now.

Guess what I forgot to do?  Look for fabric for my Wonky Wheels top.  Oh well, just have to go again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment