Friday 8 February 2019

A whole lot of not much

I celebrate this Friday with a great week of achieving almost nothing.  Here's why...
  • Snow day/ice storm
  • Furnace installation
  • Dishwasher malfunction
All these things have completely disrupted my plans for doing stuff and as a result I am not much further toward any of my tidying and sewing goals for this month.

On Wednesday, when the schools were closed and the kids were home and the plumbers were making an excessive amount of noise in the basement I finished altering muslin #1 of a jacket I tried to make last year.  I then cut new tissue pieces and made another muslin which needs further alteration.  So I altered muslin #2 and am ready with my new pattern pieces to make muslin #3.  This final (hopefully) one will be made of a heavier weight fabric and have sleeves so I will get a proper idea if it will work for me.  So next week I'll know if I can go ahead and buy nice fabric or if it's back to the drawing board and a new pattern.

I was going to insert a picture here of me in the muslin but when I took one it looked awful.  Mmm, maybe it's back to the drawing board before muslin #3.

I did some more tidying in my closet.  Something I've figured out from sorting out my clothes and jewellery, which incidentally now looks like this...

Is that even if my more boring things don't 'spark joy' individually it does give me a great deal of pleasure having them all arranged nicely and I would really like to get my closet sorted out so that I feel a bit excited to look in it in the morning.  I have to get dressed everyday so I think it would be nice if it was a fun experience.

At the moment the bottom of my closet is a holding bay for the thrift store so I found a nice big plastic box and got everything sorted into that.  Then I arranged all my hanging clothes from longest to shortest, rising to the right which is supposed to be uplifting, not sure about this but am happy to give it a try.  My closet now has barely anything in it.

And finally, now that the basement is finished for the time being it's time to put everything back in it so today I emptied out all the craft, art and stationery supplies onto the floor and made some attempt to sort them into a more rational order.  I've done this many times over the past few years and never had a particularly satisfactory result.  I still haven't because they are currently all over the floor.  Oh well, that will be a great job for this weekend.

And that's it.  Next week I must get out and try to find some quilting cotton for Wonky Wheels and get muslin #3 done and dusted or not!

Have a toptastic weekend
Kirstin

No comments:

Post a Comment