Friday 15 February 2019

Jacket Muslin Take 2

Another nightmare of a week.  I don't know what the weather thinks it's playing at around here but it's not cricket.  All the snow days, hospital trips (Jacob broke his finger last week) and shovelling have left me with no time for anything.

So here's a quick review of my goals for February
  • Clear out and organise the pantry
  • Put the basement back together after the renovations
  • Make something that I can put in my Etsy shop
  • Choose fabric to set the Wonky Wheels blocks
  • Figure out a layout for Wonky Wheels blocks
  • Make myself a jacket
  • Dye some old bath towels, cut them up, bind them and re-purpose them as hand towels for the kitchen
Not very impressive for halfway through huh.

Yesterday I managed a little work toward the Jacket.  I decided to ditch the Vogue pattern and cut up the muslin I made for last month's dress.  I figured that if I used the dress pattern fitted with darts then drew princess seams on I could cut out an approximation of the pattern pieces that I need.  Miraculously I think it worked.  Check this out.


I was inspired to resurrect this Burda pattern.  I tried out the little blue jacket last year but it fit so badly I didn't even keep the muslin.


Fortunately I did keep the pattern pieces so I was able to compare my new pieces with the tissue.  The back is quite similar but the front is where the fit goes wrong.  The paper is on the left and the Kirstin fitting fabric is on the right.


So I'm a little bit enthused again now, I've even figured out how to widen the waist without altering the length of the princess seams, so maybe at the weekend I'll get a muslin of this one made up.  I do hope it works out OK or February will be a gonner and I'll have achieved nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment