Tuesday 2 April 2019

Summer Wardrobe

Over the weekend I finished sewing the last two strip sets of Wonky Wheels together and the flimsy is now done.  Doesn't it feel good to get to a big milestone in a project.  I've got myself on a long arm quilting list for this one so now I can start a new project with a light heart knowing there's nothing more I can do for a few weeks.

So this month will be a garment sewing month.  I have 2 possible projects...

I bought this fabric in February then got so involved with quilting that I've not done anything with it.


Last week I went back to Spool and Spindle and bought the Aida shirt pattern by Sew Liberated and this fabric to make it.


On reflection I am thinking that the navy striped fabric (which I have about 1 meter too much of) would make a nice shirt dress and the Aida shirt would look great in the flamingos.  I think I have enough flamingo fabric, I won't know until I cut the pattern, if not I'll just have to go back and get a bit more.

So my One monthly goal for Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal April Link-up is to complete one garment with some of these materials.

Good luck everyone.
Kirstin

2 comments:

  1. Love the flamingo fabric! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flamingo fabric! It's going to be a cute dress!

    ReplyDelete