Tuesday 26 March 2019

Yes, nearly a finish!

At the beginning of March I set myself the goal of finishing off half of the blocks on Wonky Wheels.  I am happy to say that this moth I have over achieved.  I finished all the blocks, made some sashing and look, I've only 2 seams to finish and I'm done the flimsy.


It's amazing what you can do when there are no ice storms, snow days and contractors in the house.  I feel much better about the failure that was February now.

I'm feeling generally hopeful all round at the moment.  The big piles of ice on the boulevard at the end of the driveway have nearly melted, the red winged blackbirds are shirring away and I can walk to school without snow boots.  It feels great to wear sneakers again.

I can't wait to get back in the garden.  I've an enormous bag of garden soil being delivered next week.  So far I've just got these teeny tomato seedlings to plant in it so I'd better get my act together and get some more stuff started.


Linking up to Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - March Finish Link-up.

Happy Spring,
Kirstin

4 comments:

  1. I love your wonky wheels. It's always fun to over-achieve. :) How exciting about the garden soil delivery! Last year I tried tomato seeds and my seedlings took too long to germinate. This year I gave in to purchased plants! Good luck with your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wonky wheels top is very striking, great use of color and pattern. It's slowly beginning to warm up a bit here, but I'll wait til the crocuses bloom to plant my tomato seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete