Tuesday 30 April 2019

April Goal Finished

My goal for April was to finish 1 top for summer, possibly using rayon from Spool and Spindle and the Aida shirt pattern from Sew Liberated.  I am happy to say that I am done.  Here is the resulting garment...



I think I can safely say that had it not been for my one monthly goal I would not have finished it yet.  I love the colour and drape of the fabric but it was 'wriggly' to work with and very fiddly, by the time I got to the curved narrow hem I could so easily have left it lingering on the 'to finish' pile for a couple of years or so.

I'm pleased that I pushed on though as I'm very happy with the result, perhaps I should note that it represents contrast top #1 of my spring/summer capsule wardrobe.  Now all I need is for some weather good enough to wear it.

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal - April Finish Link-up, thanks for all the monthly motivation once again.

Kirstin

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear that OMG played a role in encouraging you to finish your wonderful top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete