Tuesday 1 January 2019

An Apron, a Onsie and a January Goal

And a Happy New Year to everyone, may it bring you happiness, peace and good health.

I cannot believe that I totally missed the Elm Street Quilts, One Monthly Goal end of December linky party.  Honestly, December was completely bonkers here.  Since I last posted we have had the basement framed out and insulated and Christmas has been successfully completed which all the ladies out there reading will know does not just happen by magic.

I even quilted and bound Whoo Hoo and sent it to England where it actually arrived on time.
Because it is for 2 small boys I added flaps in the corners for making it into a fort.
And hooks for guy ropes for constructing shelters and play tents in the summer.

Anyway, if its OK I'm posting my finish for Elm Street Quilts as well as my January Goal, just to show off.  Here is Jacob's baking apron, finished in time for Christmas Day.

He doesn't look very happy with the modelling job does he!  Oh well, I'm happy with the apron outcome and it will keep him clean while he's making a mess with his new mugcakes from scratch recipe book which came with it.  The pattern is by Martha Stewart, I have it in her Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts book but you can also find it online here.  I made it about 4 inches longer than the paper pattern to accommodate my 6 foot son, it came together easily and I like the adjustable neck strap.

I also found time to make Rose a new Onsie, she has 2 others but the pink cat has got a bit short and very ratty so enter the snow leopard.

I'm definitely very pleased with this result.  I used Kwik Sew K2704 and added the tummy and ears, this is a size large with 2 inches length added to the body.

Elm Street Quilts

And so to my goal for January.  I've been um-ing and ah-ing over this one as I'm not sure what and how much to set myself, it's easy to be over enthusiastic in the New Year and I don't want to set myself up for a fail in the first month.

So I've decided to go with finishing off the basic blocks for my Wonky Wheels quilt.  This is what I have so far.
I am thinking about making another 5 so I have 20 blocks, that should be doable.

I'd also like to add this dress.  I've had both the pattern and the fabric for over a year so it would be good to get on and sort that out.
It's a very basic pattern with bust darts on the front and a zipper and darts at the back.  I'm thinking of making view A and wearing it with a turtle neck.  If I can make it fit just right I think it will be a really useful pattern.

So here I am linking up to Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal January Link-up.

3 comments:

  1. What a clever add to the quilt to make it fort worthy! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Parker, what a great way to make the quilt versatile, because of course, it should be easy to make a fort with! All the best with your January goals.

    ReplyDelete